vertex fragmentOcular Engine (2014 - Current)
A modern rendering engine written in C++14, with support for both Direct3D 11 and OpenGL 4.
After starting completely from scratch, the engine has been under development since August 2014. It may still have a long ways to go, but it continues to make steady progress. Current features include:
- Direct3D and OpenGL renderers
- Resource Subsystem
- Event Subsystem
- Keyboard/Mouse Input
- Scene Editor built with Qt
- much more and growing!
- Site: www.ocularengine.com
- Numerous coherent noise algorithms (Perlin, Simplex, Wavelet, Worley, Diamond-Square, etc.)
- Numerous noise algorithms (XorShift32, XorShift128, WELL512, CMWC131104, MT128, MT19937, etc.)
- Grayscale and color palette manipulation
- Multi-threaded using workers for maximum performance.
A fast, efficient, and easy-to-use parser for the OBJ and MTL file formats, built with C++14 using the Boost Spirit library. Originally intended for use in the Ocular Engine, it has been released as a completely stand-alone library.